The GitHub API enables developmental access to the GitHub project database
The GitHub API enables developmental access to the GitHub project database. As the purpose of GitHub is to provide tools for software development and collaboration, the site provides many open access APIs, and encourages additions and improvements.
- Tools and framework to allow developers to rapidly register for access to your API
- Communicate basic foundational principles around your API
- Framework to document qualitative information on the functionality of the API endpoints
- Framework to document, and enable, developers to begin working with the security
- Platform to document terms, conditions, restrictions, privacy